My favorite time of day is 3:40. Goodbye stress, goodbye annoying 7th graders, goodbye tiredness and hello Cooper! Walking in the daycare and seeing Cooper happy and playing and so excited for me to pick him up makes my day worth it! We tell everyone bye and of course he tells me he had a good day (we rarely have bad ones anymore!) and then we stop off at Dairy Queen for happy hour and head home. He is happy and watches his movie all they way home. Then usually we play outside or inside, maybe go visit Granny and Papa, check the crops with Daddy, make supper and we are all in bed by 9! Bedtime is actually my second favorite part of the day when Cooper doesn't stay up past his bedtime.....at Aunt Taylor's this weekend, Cooper got to stay up until 10:45 and it was not a pleasant experience getting into bed! But normally we are in bed by 9 and everything is great in our world, Cooper usually "jump on bed" for just a few minutes and then we say our prayer which Cooper now has memorized and we go to sleep. Crazy to say this but I almost like during the week better because of our routine and structure. Cooper has gotten so accustomed to this that weekends can be very bad if he doesn't get a nap or go to bed on time. So needless to say, our lives are getting easier (I actually found time to blog!!!) and I am really starting to enjoy school and certain periods of the day (I don't think I will ever enjoy 5th period) and my new teacher friends at school. I see now where being a working mom has its advantages (paycheck, friends, and a break from the hubby and child) and now (4 weeks into this) it's not so bad! Check back in come March and April (TAKS) and I will probably be ready to be a stay at home mom once again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment